Monday, September 21, 2009

Working with Wedding Photos


The patterns in the My Mind's Eye paper really work well with wedding photos. They seem so elegant - and of course, flowery! Honestly I haven't scrapped hardly any of my wedding photos. However, this paper really got my mojo going and I got to fully express my girly side!

So here's how I put it together:

I knew I wanted to make a flower accent with the die cuts. I cut a smaller flower out of a piece of the patterned paper to layer on top of the die cut. Then, I added a paper flower and topped it off with a gorgeous Creative Imaginations brad I picked up at Scrapbooks Plus. You can't tell in this photo, but the top of my wedding dress was covered in fabric flowers similar to this brad.

In design there's the "rule of three." It's good to have three of an element in your layout to repeat a color, pattern, or shape. I used the "rule of three" in a couple ways with this layout. First, I chose several papers with patterns that resembled the metal work in the back of the altar of the church - not exact, but close enough to emphasize as a "theme." And, I repeated scallop shapes. The Bazzill swiss dot scalloped paper was an impulse grab when I picked up my kit - but I love it as a mat. When I was putting together the layout I noticed that my photo also has scallops - in the window at the top most noticeably, so I decided to use a border punch along the left-hand side of another piece of paper to repeat that element again. Finally, I repeated the gold color in the background paper, the flower, and in the paper surrounding my photo.

No comments: