Saturday, September 19, 2009

Using Chipboard Frames

I had bought these sunburst frames by Jenni Bowlin a while ago for some great project I was going to do that I have since forgot about (note to self - always write down great ideas when you have them, otherwise they get lost in the brain!). The sunburst design in the My Mind's Eye OhLaLa kits this month reminded me that I had those Jenni Bowlin frames and perhaps they could have a useful role in my two-page layout. I cut the sunburst paper in half and used it across both pages (the background is the Coordinations Cardstock that you can purchase at the store).

I glittered the frames using Martha Stewart's Fire Opal. This color is perfect for fall and it just came in the store. I used hairspray to set the glitter so it wouldn't be all over my scrapbook (and my face) every time I handled it!

I've become a big fan of placing the frames over photos without trimming the photo to fit the frame - note the large sunburst frame on the left. This technique lets you highlight the feature you want to place emphasis on. I used the same technique in my Summer Soiree' class that I taught at Scrapbooks-Plus in June. You will find new purpose with chipboard frames using this technique and it keeps you from having to cut photos down. Just leave the photo in their printed size and use the frame as an overlay for punch. I think I might use the technique this weekend on a football layout (got a game today!), to point out which kid is mine in all those uniformed, helmeted boys out on the field!

Have a great weekend and get some scrappin' done!!

No comments: