Friday, September 11, 2009

Making your own ribbon



Ever have the right ribbon in your head but not in your stash? That happens to me often and for some reason this time I figured, why not, just make my own! So I took a leap and absolutely loved the results!







Start with a white or ivory ribbon, I decided to try gathering so I chose a wider, thinner ribbon that would be easy to sew. If you want to try the gathering, you'll need to make twice as much ribbon. Find an ink that will match your layout, and ink up your ribbon liberally. You may want to leave it awhile to dry.
Since I wanted it gathered, I sewed a straight line down the middle of the ribbon. After sewing, pull one of the threads so that the ribbon puckers, keep going on either end of the ribbon until it is gathered the way you want it.


















Once it's finished, apply it to your project, and done! I'm not one to brag, but I absolutely love how this layout turned out!







1 comment:

Esther said...

Bravo! A must do for my next layout. Thanks for the creative solution to matching colors.