Monday, February 2, 2009

Pocket Page

From the moment I saw the Laundry Line Collection from My Mind's Eye I was hooked. I just loved the combination of glittered paper and distressed finishes...a real shabby chic vibe!
Pink and Brown was the perfect color choice to use for scrapping my daughter's baby picture...and the glittery paper added a feminine touch.
With a piece of brown bazill as a base, I started by trimming the Flirty "Lil Girl" Pretty Coat Print paper to 11.5" x 7.5" and used a little adhesive in the center to temporarily hold it in place across the top of the page. Then I cut a piece of brown bazill to 12" x 5.5" and placed it across the bottom of the layout, lining up the side and bottom of the page. A zig zag stitch around the edges held it all in place, and added a textural detail. The chipboard borders from MME's Laundry Line are actually adhesive, but just to really hold it in place on top of the pocket edge, I put a copper colored brad at each end through the entire layout. Then it was a simple matter of punching out some squares of coordinating papers ( Winding Vine & Fresh Pressed Lines) and rounding the corners to match the journaling card. The title was printed on vellum and is highlighted by a set of decorative parentheses. These were soooo easy to make because I used the Clear Acrylic Stamps from the Laundry Line Natural Aspire collection (it has 4 different sizes in the set!) and stamped them on the back of the glitter paper. Then I simply trimmed them out, flipped them over, and attached them to the layout around the title. The velvety flowers are also from bazill and added even more texture and depth...and voila! A pocket page to hold cards and momentos from baby's arrival.

No comments: