Friday, January 30, 2009

Snowy, Glittered Frame





I enjoyed working with the My Mind's Eye glittered papers this month. When I first spotted Suzy including them in the kits, I knew I had to create a glimmering snowy frame for a focal photo. I use a lot of circle frames in my scrapbooks and find the Martha Stewart glitter a great way to highlight a photo. For this frame I used the Martha Stewart Aquamarine glitter. I first cut a large circle from blue bazzil card stock using the Fiskars shape cutter and circle templates. I sprayed the frame with a light coating of Elmers craft adhesive and sprinkled the glitter on. Once the glue dryed, I tapped off the excess and "set" it with a light spray of White Rain hair spray. I decorated the frame with flourishes cut from the Accu-cut machine at Scrapbooks-Plus, punched snowflakes, and bling. The result can be stunning.

You can create frames like this with any color glitter and decorate with various scraps - flowers or butterflies cut from patterned paper, punched pieces of carstock, buttons, brads...whatever you have left over from other projects. I typically triple mat a smaller photo (3 1/2 x 5) to place inside the frame. And the result is always the same - an eye-catching layout. I hope you try this in your own books - it really is easy - you'll love them, too!

2 comments:

Lisa H said...

This is beautiful!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I LOVE this layout. I gasped when I first saw it. I am definitely scraplifting this one. I also noticed how you used the vellum for snowflakes - lovely!