Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Recital 2005

I have been looking for ages for the right paper to use for scrapping my daughter's first dance recital and this month I found it with MME's Laundry Line.
It may sound silly, but I really liked the journaling card, so it was actually my starting point for this layout. There is a place to record the event and the date, but it also adds a bit of whimsy with a choice of emotions. EXCITED was how my daughter felt for her first time on stage, so I used some Glitter from Doodlebug Designs to accent a chipboard arrow. A brad in the center holds it pointing in the right direction. Next to the journaling card, the program from the recital actually was just too bright and clean, so I swiped the front with a light brown inkpad to match the tones a bit. The background paper ties in the pinks & browns from the photos. The picture frame on the first page was cut using an Accu-Cut die you can find in the classroom area of Scrapbooks Plus. I used pop dots under this picture because I wanted it to lay on top of the program, giving it a bit more prominence in the layout.

Page 2 went together very quickly. I used the light brown ink pad to distress the cream colored background paper. Using a square punch and a corner rounder I created a border using pieces of coordinating papers. I also used (2) slide frames in the border, covered in coordinating paper, to highlight a couple of detail shots of my daughter. (I just love the little awkward angle of her tiny dancing feet!)

I plan on adding journaling over the long block on the right side of page 2. I will print it on vellum and use some brads to hold it in place...and I may use Erin's glittering technique to give them some shine! (Thanks for the tip, Erin!)
Or I might add the journaling as a pull out from inside the program on page 1...decisions, decisions...