Sunday, February 8, 2009

When the Paper is too Pretty to Cover Up


Now here's a layout that allows you to show-off the beauty of the patterned paper with the photos in the supporting role! I loved this My Mind's Eye pink glittery paper - so much that I was afraid to cut it! Haven't we all bought paper that was just too pretty to cut? So I let the paper become the center of attention in this layout. I printed 8 small 2x2 photos and arranged them in columns leaving the large field of pink paper alone except for a few brads. Journaling around the paper helps keep the eye focused there as well. I added a strip of striped paper for the title block and I painted a photo mount brown and while wet, sprinkled it with Doodlebug Sugared glitter in Ladybug. I used a transparency in the photo mount window for the date and location. The flourish is a rub-on from the same MME Laundry Line. The embellishments support the focal point of this layout, which truly is the beautiful glittered paper. The next time you find that perfect piece of pretty paper, think about how you might allow it to become the center of attention in your layout.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Great use of the paper that you don't want to cut. the color balances the strips of photos nicely. I, too, often prefer not to cut the paper - makes for a big collection.