Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All About Erin - plus

Since we are all introducing ourselves... today I'm going to go through my basic scrapping info and add a few random facts too... hence the "Erin-plus"! :)



I've been scrapping since 1998 and ,although I never went through the sticker-sneeze phase, I do have some pretty dated pages with cutesy paper. It makes me laugh to look back at them. Back then I spent a lot of time collecting papers and embellishments and not actually scrapping. About 4 years ago I started frequenting online scrapbooking sites, joined a few kit clubs, and started really scrapping again. I have to be careful though, or else I'll spend more time looking at cool scrapping sites instead of actually making things.

My style is generally clean and linear, but I don't like to measure and I love tearing, inking, and sanding on my pages. That sounds like it doesn't go together, but it works for me! I love bulky pages and sewn accents. Buttons are my favorite. Any layout looks better with a few buttons added! :)

I like to think that I can use any paper... in fact I find it's easier to scrap with paper that I don't **love**... in part because it's easier to cut it up and I'm not worried about ruining it! I love almost any color except purple. Most of my layouts are about my five-year-old daughter, so I have a lot of pink in my stash.
I love altered items and one-page layouts. Two-page layouts are a challenge for me and cards will often take me longer to make than an entire layout.

Some of the sites that I like to check out are:

Now a few random facts:

  • I love coffee and prefer it to dessert

  • I have to light new candles right away... I think they look naked with the bare, new wick!

  • I am a natural-born clutz. My dad used to call me "Grace" when I was little. (Okay, sometimes he still does!)

  • I do not like to drive and my mom had to force to me learn. I was the oldest person in my behind-the-wheel class in high school.

Thanks for stopping by!

erin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about paper that I love! I either use it all up and fall short of what I need it for, or it's all left over because I couldn't stand to cut it! LOL

Lisa H said...

I used to use a ton of stickers when I first started- I look back now and have to laugh. I just went and visited PageMaps and Pencilines- love them- thanks for the great resource!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I love your style, Erin. All of the pages you created with the January kit were amazing! You make me laugh - "sticker sneeze"! My mom took a decorating class years ago and she was told to ALWAYS burn the wicks on her new candles. I am going to check out the sites you listed - one can never have too much inspiration! Susie ;)

SharonVM said...

I, unfortunately for my books, was a sticker addict years ago - I still have tons of them that I put in the kids playroom for them to use on days when they're bored because its raining or something. Great to have you back! I love the way you take normal daily life and turn it into art in your designs.

Kim said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE buttons, but I am with buttons like you are with the paper you love...I don't use them nearly as much.

I think we should fly out to Cali and take a Christine class - I admire her layered style and wonder how she can get so much on a page. I love it!