Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Scrapping with Susie

This is my 2nd year on the Design Team and I feel very lucky to be working with so many fun and talented ladies..again! Here's a little peek into my scrap-crazed brain...

1. I am a very slow scrapper. I can mess around with a layout for days...and days...and days...

2. The question for me is not what to include in a layout, but when to stop! Simple is usually not my style! Layers, details, and dimension - but it takes me a long time to get it just right (I think I covered that in item #1.)

3. I love to try new techniques...currently I'm playing with the new core'dinations CoreColorCardstock we just got in at Scrapbooks Plus - look for it on my projects. This stuff is FUN!

4. I love to use my square punch...it is a great way to focus attention on the small details of a picture...and to get a lot of pictures on a layout in a mosaic format.

5. I just finished a couple of Jessica Sprague's AWESOME online digital scrapbooking classes and I learned sooooo much! I will never give up paper & cardstock, but I can definitely see more hybrid layouts in my future!

6. I have a HUGE backlog of pictures that I will never get to and I am okay with that. I scrap what inspires me at any particular moment. I do not work chronologically. I do try to divide layouts evenly between my 3 kidlets - 2 boys and 1 girl - 15, 13, and 11.

7. I have good friends that I scrap with on a regular basis, but I usually work at home...I like to sit on the floor and have ALL my stuff spread out all around me so I can see it!

8. Lately I have been spending more time in the classroom at Scrapbooks Plus because I love playing around with the larger size cuts I can get using the Cricut Expression. (My 2 page layout this month features a very large elephant - unusual, but I think it works!)

9. I am a paper addict...it helped me get over my fabric addiction. ;)

10. My favorite scrapbooking buddy is my sister, Mary Jo. Sadly, she lives in Texas!

11. On my wish list...more Cricut cartridges, Nestabilities, and Cuttlebug Embossing Folders!

12. M&Ms and Diet Coke while I'm scrapping, but I have to watch out for the caffeine...it really spins me up!

13. My favorite thing to make is 2 page layouts - and I really struggle with cards.

14. Exploding Boxes are my favorite non-layout item to make. I love the fact that they are so inter-active. I think of something new to include every time I make one. They are my version of a mini-book!

15. I scraplift on a regular basis and encourage others to do the same. (Remember -proper credit is important!) I am also starting to appreciate page sketches - great to help you get started especially if you have scrapper's block.

16. I must confess...I am a measurer...sometimes. And the thought of tearing paper scares me!

17. I am a tool junkie. I never met a gadget I couldn't use!

18. I really need to learn how to use my Cricut Design Studio software. I can see how it would save me so much time and paper.

19. I love shiny - Pearl Ex, Martha Stewart glitter, and rhinestones!

20. Easiest way to add depth - ink the edges!

I look forward to meeting many of you on the blog this year, and maybe IRL at the store!
Susie ;)

7 comments:

Cassi said...

Hi Susie,

It was great meeting you in the store last week and chatting about MS Border Punches.

Cassi

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Hi Cassi!
You should definitely check out the Martha Stewart Picket Fence Punch at the store. I have a cool way to use it in my Exploding Box this month - look for my post on March 2nd - and I plan on using it for an upcoming class. Border punches are so versatile!
See you at the store! Susie

Lisa H said...

Welcome back Susie!

Misty Rose said...

So glad that you are doing the design team again Susie...I can't wait for you to come and crop with us again! Maybe I will borrow all your fun stuff!

SharonVM said...

Watch out for that Diet Coke Susie - we all know what too much caffeine does to you!
I'm glad your back...we'll see how we mirror each other this year!!

Kim said...

You hyped up? I don't believe it for a second. By the way I love your picture, you look beautiful!

matushka said...

Hi Susie! You have some of the most artistic pages... you always do something to make me go WOW every month. I can't wait to see what you make next! :)