Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm back!


Hey all!  Since we're introducing ourselves here are 20 random things about me (because I'm so addicted to facebook)

1.  I only scrap when I'm watching girly movies.  It's the perfect combination!

2.  When scrapbooking, the most amazing snack is always diet pepsi and chocolate!  I'm so addicted to diet pepsi!

3.  The most amazing scrapbook project I've ever done was my submission for the Scion Scrappin' event (where I didn't win) but had a blast stalking other scion owners and meeting lots of new friends.

4.  My favorite embellishments are bling!  I don't understand how anyone can live without a little bling.  If you don't know of my love for  bling, come check out my car dash (my second favorite project!)

5.  My favorite designer is Tim Holtz.  I LOVE HIM!!!!  He is so amazing and talented.  I love his distressed style and his ability to create new and interesting stuff from old stuff!  (and some day I'll dog sit for him...LOL)

6.  My favorite tool will always be my cricut, especially now since I have both Hello Kitty cartridges!  I can't wait to showcase them in the up coming months.

7.  As a scrapbooker, I wish that I could be my best friend!  She's so organized, creative, and everything that she does is very precise and CLEAN, so not me... :(  

8.  Ink is so important and I love Dark Brown.  My second favorite Chestnut Roan, who doesn't love a good Chestnut Roan??

9.  Basic Grey paper is the best!  I love how different but true to their style they are.  They are amazing.  I'd love to work for them (oh yeah, I'm a music therapist, so that won't be happening..LOL)

10.  My favorite type of projects are altered objects!  Sometimes I have issues with the design team kit because I use a crap load of paper on my altered object and then I try to make 3 pages and a card.  I now lay paper aside, just to make sure I don't short change myself.  

11.  My favorite subject to scrapbook is my peapod...not really mine, but I'll always claim him! 

12.  Unlike a lot of the design team, I'm all about pink and PURPLE!  I think I can make them work with even my boy pictures (of peapod).  I'm a typical girly girl in scrapbooking, but maybe not in life (bring on the hockey and football and cars)

13.  I prefer to crop at home, but only because I'm forgetful and always leave something that I need at home.  I love cropping in my space because I've got great tables and the most comfortable chairs EVER!!!!

14.  I don't really read a lot of scrapbook magazines or books, but my favorite is  "52 Scrapbooking Challenges" by Elsie Flannigan.  Elsie has a great eye for color (which I LOVE), awesome ideas to stretch your brain, and wonderful layering techniques that I adore!

15.  The blogs that I check are :
       Tim Holtz (www.timholtz.typepad.com/)
Just Jewels Designs (www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=7813206656325781793)

16.  I think home made gifts are the best!  I try to make at least one gift per holiday.

17.  I am a paper hoarder.  I buy scrapbooking paper just because it's pretty.  I probably have enough paper to make the whole world a card and still have leftovers.  There is really no need for me to buy paper again, but I will, because I can't help myself!  I LOVE PAPER!!!

18.  My favorite font (on the cricut) is Zooballoo!  It's so awesome and it has a few different styles, uppers and lowers, animals, and lots of great design elements (like grass, fence, city scapes, forests, and tons of other cool stuff).

19.  My favorite adhesive is ATG!  Man, once you get over how big it is, it'll save you a ton of money and that stuff STICKS!  I often ruin stuff because I can't align things straight and then I try to pick it back up, but I'll never go back!  NEVER!!!

20.  (WOW, I'm actually getting to 20 *shock*)  I'm thankful that I've met so many great friends scrapbooking and have been influenced to create my own way!  Thanks friends!!!  

Have a great day!
Leah :)

3 comments:

matushka said...

You are right - everyone needs a little Chestnut Roan! :) I love pink too... it's not just for girls, but you can keep the purple!

Misty Rose said...

Leah, I dont know how one could ever live without bling...and anyone who knows you and even people that dont, can't miss your car! HAHA

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Soooo, do we get to see your Scion Scrappin' submission? Please?