Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tis the Season


First I will apologize for the cell phone picture quality - no camera blabla. However, this month's DT kit from Fancy Pants is great! Which paper to chose.... This is my page map layout, I kept it relatively simple on the page & just fancied up the tag. I love this photo, it was taken with natural light & is slightly out of focus which gives it a soft look that matches the look on my daughter's face.

I started by painting fired brick crackle paint for my mat. Tissue tape is one of my favorite items to use & here it was inked with pine needle & aged mahogany distress ink, then put along the bottom of the page. ScrapbooksPlus carries a lot of Tim Holtz products & has the tissue tape. The tag was distressed & stamped with multiple images-I love that layered look! The quote was stamped on paper & distressed, than pop dotted to the tag. Jute was tied around the tag & beads dangle from it. I attached a fragment with a brad & fibers to top the tag off. Both the title & the fragment picture are from Tim's new seasonal paper pack. To finish the page I used some of the Fancy Pants stickers to the corner & along the side of the photo. I also had this cute little Santa gnome stamp that I "had" to use. I colored him in with copics & he is standing on top of the tissue tape. Finally I stamped the date at the bottom. I have a bad habit of forgetting the date & later have to search to figure out when the photo was taken!

During this busy holiday season, remember to take time to jot down some of your favorite moments so when it comes time to scrap those photos you will have the memory already recorded!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this layout and the pic of your daughter is oh so sweet.