Friday, December 10, 2010

Santa's Lap

I designed this layout specifically to incorporate the design on the right side of the Stars and Holly paper from the Tradition line by Fancy Pants. I wasn't able to get good candid shots of my kids talking to Santa since they don't really allow cameras at the mall. I was trying to take pics without them noticing so the white balance ended up being a bit off and there were some harsh shadows from my angle. I was going to just print the photo of Santa a few times in sepia and once in color until I noticed these pics of the kids waiting in line, especially the first one that my daughter took of herself.

So the theme of my page changed from just a simple Santa page to a layout about the long line to Santa's Lap. I placed my title and journaling in the lower right hand corner sort of at the end of the line of photos. I was happy about the new inspiration since I had no idea what my journaling was going to be about. I decided to just write a short blurb for my journaling. It fit perfectly on the little jounaling box from the Traditions line~Cards. I love these alphas by Basic Grey. I inked them with a little Aged Mahagony Distress Ink just to deepen the color a bit. Then I misted them with Gold Glimmer Mist.


I used strips of several other papers from the collection across the bottom of the layout. I also used different papers behind each of the photos. I cut this cute little ornament out and allowed it to overlap my photo. It was just too cute to cover.

1 comment:

matushka said...

what a great story! i love when a layout just comes together like that! :)