Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quick Christmas Cards


The Cards paper from Fancy Pants Tradition line is a must have. The paper has two sides, the brown distressed side which can be used as a base for any project and the printed side which has several different cards printed on the same sheet. The cards can be cut apart and are very versatile. They can be turned into tags or an embellishment for a layout. They can also be used throughout a mini album to create a cohesive flow through the project.

Here I used some of the cards to make these quick little Christmas cards. In the upper left corner of the Cards paper I found this HO HO HO card. I cut it out and backed it with the green side of Trim a Tree and then backed that with the striped side of the Shimmer paper. My favorite detail in this design is the little red buttons I added as the O's.



This card was made using Trim a Tree as a base for the project. I then chose this fun Christmas Tree card for my focal point of the card. The border of this card is a smaller version of the same stripe found on Stripe and Scallop so I used a small square of the striped side of this paper in the upper left corner. And before I added my Christmas Tree embellishment to the card I used a paper distressing tool to rough up the edges a bit.

I tucked the rest of the cards in my Christmas stash and I am sure I'll use them up quickly!











No comments: