Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Treats

If you're like me, you spend the majority of your time scrapping your children. And not appearing in the photos (because 1) you're taking them and 2) you hate pictures of yourself). But you don't have to include a photo to scrap about yourself!

For example, one of my favorite treats are the seasonal drinks at Starbucks. I live for the eggnog lattes. Seriously. And Starbucks always has such cute holiday cup designs that just happen to match well with the Fancy Pants paper.

For this layout in addition to the Fancy Pants paper, I decided to play with some of my new Tim Holtz goodies from the store. I used his Alterations dies to cut the tree, the frame, the ticket and the rosette. The stamp on the ticket is also Tim Holtz.

Making the rosette is quick and easy. You can use any cutting machine. I run all of these through my cuttlebug. The die cuts and perforates the paper so it's a breeze to fold. You do need to use a strong glue, such as glossy accents or zip dry to hold it together. After applying the glue and the middle circle, be sure to hold the rosette for a good minute or two before letting go.