Friday, December 3, 2010

Let It Snow!

I loved the Traditions line from Fancy Pants that we got to play with this month. The blue papers in the line are really lovely and simple... and reminded me of some snow shots I took a couple of years ago. The photos are a little blurry... taken inside with low light and no flash... but they captured my daughter's excitement over the first snow of the season.


I sprayed one of the laser cut borders available at ScrapbooksPlus with Mint Chocolate Chip Chalkboard Glimmer Mist to match the layout. I used Tim Holtz mini attacher to staple the mesh ribbon on... it's actually the lovely Webster's Bloomers floral border that comes in lots of fabulous colors, except that I cut the pieces apart to use separately. I used a piece of white tulle with little silver dots as an extended mat underneath the photos. The die cut and the buttons are from Basic Grey. I also added a Maya Road stickpin and a Karen Foster Charm Pin Up Brad with some buttons from my stash and some of the mesh backing from the floral border tied on.
I don't usually do many monochromatic layouts... but I really love the blue colors in this. Since the Basic Grey tag has the cute little red bird, I added a few little red buttons to repeat the color elsewhere in the layout. I also added a couple of yellow/tan buttons as another little contrasting touch. The layout is still monochromatic... but with a little bit of extra interest. :)
thanks for stopping by,
erin

No comments: