Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sketchability

The wonderful thing about sketches is sketches are wonderful things! And really they are wonderful things. Especially when you are stuck in a rut and just need to get something scrapped! :)

This month's sketch had placeholders for a large item, smaller item, large embellishment and several strips of paper or whatever you want to use.


I decided to flip the sketch 180 degrees and substitute a large title for the large embellishment. The dark teal of the Dear Lizzy letter stickers was a perfect match, and much prettier than a black or brown. I used strips of patterned paper and lengths of this soft and fuzzy trim that I found at ScrapbooksPlus. I trimmed my strips down a bit and matted everything on brown cardstock.


A few Prima blossoms, bits of ribbon, and some beads strung with baker's twine on a Karen Foster clip finish it off.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: