Friday, August 6, 2010

Travel Journal by Esther

What a fun collection in the Tim Holtz used for our DT kit for August. I made a travel journal that is on the Design Team Wall. Then I got crazy and made the second one from some of the papers left in my stash. Chipboard 6" squares are at ScrapbooksPlus. These are a great find because I did not have to shape them.



The squares are covered with the Tim Holtz Lost and Found cardstocks with the edges inked with a Sepia Brown Copic Marker on right-handed corners that are shaped with Chompers. Each page has a different Chomper shape. Pockets and decorative pieces are added to the book base pages.



On the cover, the numbers from Bingo were used to indicate the year of the trip. A metal tag gave the title, "Journey 2167". I'll figure what the numbers will represent later. Hotel motifs on front; license plates on second page,; Bingo motif over mini travel sheets; next page sports the word Bingo; fifth page shows bottle caps with a distressed cardstock pocket; and the back cover has colorful rulers.



The book was assembled with a bright ribbon in two holes on the left made with the Crop-a-dile. I found copper brads to decorate the strips added. I really like walking through the store because things are there for scrapping. If not, it can be ordered to make your projects look like you want them.



This journal will go with me on a trip, while the other one will be a gift to a friend. Look at the DT Wall on the website to see the first journal. We must gather the memorabilia to stir recollection! Sorry, this was not my day to be able to add pictures.

No comments: