Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back in the USSR

Most of the products I used on theses pages were- yes Tim Holtz, Ranger, Alterations. The Tim Holtz Lost & Found papers were perfect for my travel photos. It took me longer to find the negatives & reprint them than design the page-ah the digital age. The amazing thing is the photos I reprinted were fantastic compared to the ones I had developed in the Ice Age of the '80's. At that time I was an athlete & had the amazing good fortune to spend a month in the former Soviet Union. The end of our trip found us in Moscow, doing a photo shoot for our sponsors. I did 2 pages & I call this the "I can't stop adding to this layout, layout".
Page 1: I stamped & embossed on the edge with distress powder. I scrap lifted an idea from a page Tim did for Ranger. Mount the photo & leave extra paper on the bottom. Paint the edges of the paper & photo with crackle paint. Let dry & rip the bottom edge & distress. I attached the star with the most amazing Tiny Attacher. This uses tiny staples but is super strong & good to hold embellishments. I used it to attach the ruler ribbon & soda labels, I saved from my trip. The letters are Tim Holtz salvage stickers.
Page 2 was us being photographed in front of the Bolshoi Theatre. & Red Square. I wanted to cover postage stamps but I had printed them & sometimes the ink runs. I covered them 1st with multi-medium which makes them water proof, than I covered them with rock candy crackle paint. I used the 2x2 squares from the L&F pack & adhered the stamps to that. The last square I covered with fired brick crackle paint & posted the title "red square" (haha get it?) under Tim's film strip. In the upper right I used the barb wire mask, distressed & added the Alterations hinge cut from grunge paper, embossed, painted & distressed. How much fun is this?! I added a journal box yes of course distressed. My favorite part of this page is the lower right cormer. I took a fragment, with some glossy accents, put it on top of one of the clocks from the L&F, cut it out & hung it from a swivel clasp. Put the page down & step way! This was a fun page to just keep adding to & adding to. That is why I love Tim Holtz products, you can layer & layer for great fun dimension. Drop by ScrapbooksPlus, pick up a Tim Holtz kit & scraplife the design team-brilliant!

No comments: