Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hip Photos

One of the cool things that you can do with today's phones is taking pictures. Sure they're not high quality images, but that's fine. I have this fun app, Hipstamatic, that imitates the look of plastic cameras from the past. You get this 1960's feel from the photos. Perfect for Tim Holtz products!


I took one of the Hipstamatic photos from our recent trip to California and paired it up with Tim Holtz paper, a few Tattered Angels transparencies, some hand-stitching and a lot of distress ink.


The flower is made from Tim's grungeboard using a Tim Holtz Alterations die. I inked it with distress ink then embossed a pattern using clear embossing powder. Once the embossing powder was cool I inked around the flower using two more colors of distress ink.

The stitched "waves" were made using a Bazzill bling template. Instead of placing bling in the holes I marked on my layout with pencil, then went back and sewed with the thread.

1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

Great layout-fab scraplift potential!