Monday, August 2, 2010

The Magic Of Christmas

It was truly Christmas in July in my little design studio in the corner of my house last month. I had Christmas carols playing while I was playing with all things GRUNGE. It all started when I opened up my kit and saw this little charm that said believe. I pulled out these photos that I took last Christmas and I started playing. I think the thing I like most about this kit and Tim Holtz for that matter is that the products all lend themselves to be used to make your own embellishments. One of the first things I made was this block for the journaling/ title. I
started with a plain sheet of cream colored card stock. I used Fired Brick Distress Ink to get that glow or halo effect around the edge of the paper. Then I sprayed the paper with Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist and dried it with my heat gun. Then I went back over my craft mat to where the Glimmer Mist was still puddling and I ran the edge of my paper through the Glimmer Mist. I used two different fonts for my title/ journaling: Algerian and Brush Script MT.

I did this to create a visual separation between my title and my journaling. I left space when I was typing for the chipboard letters I used for the word magic. For further instructions on how to print on all sorts of different items of different sizes on any printer check out this post on my blog.











2 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

This is fantastic! I love the design.

matushka said...

Love the shading you added!