Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Celebrate the Everyday

Quite frequently, my dear husband, as he's looking through the photos I've downloaded to the computer, asks me "why did you take this picture?" I tend to take pictures of all sorts of random things. Things I want to document, things I want to remember, things that are pretty. Many times I have grand ideas for what I will do with this pics, but they are often at the bottom of the to-be-scrapped pile.


When I went searching through my photos for ones that worked with the Tim Holtz papers this month, I noticed these shots I took at Ronald Reagan International Airport. I took the photos once when I dropped my husband and daughter off. The main terminal is a beautiful historic building... and even though I'm sure people were wondering why in the world I was taking pictures from the second floor Starbucks, I went ahead and did it. For a year and a half they've been languishing in my stash... waiting for the right moment... and the Tim Holtz globe/map paper pushed me to actually scrap them.




I used the sketch Karen gave us, but tweaked it to fit my photos and style. My feature photo is a bit smaller and instead of the vertical strips, I used one strip and matted the photo on a double vertical mat. Instead of the tag, I used an additional photo, and I shifted the journaling up and put it on a Basic Grey kraft sticker. The white circles are a Hambly Screen Print I picked up at ScrapbooksPlus and selectively cut. The pattern is quite striking... and although it's a bit more modern than Tim's papers, I like the contrast and how the circles carry through the photos, the papers, and the mat.

Don't be afraid to take some photos just because and get to scrapping them!

thanks for stopping by,
erin

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the photos Erin.

Karen Bearse said...

Great photos-love how you did this page.