Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Deck the Halls

When I was a child the Christmas season always began with my mom decorating the house the day after Thanksgiving. She would pull out the tree and the ornaments, wreaths and knickknacks that would decorate our home all through the season. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of my childhood home decorated for Christmas. That was the inspiration behind this layout. I wanted to photograph some of the decorations in my home so that when my kids are grown they will have a record of what Christmas looked like when they were children.

The title of this layout was made using the Tim Holtz GrungeBoard plain alphas. This set includes one sheet of each letter with 9 variations of the letter on each sheet. I was able to pick and choose from different fonts to add a bit of whimsy to the layout. I misted the letters with Glimmer Mist using the color brick.




I decided to hide the journaling on this layout mostly just because I wanted to include all three photographs as well as have a large bold title on the page. Since those pieces of the layout took up so much space I wrote down my journaling on a tag, attached a small bit of ribbon using my Tiny Attacher and tucked it behind one of the photos.

No comments: