Friday, August 20, 2010

My Pagemap

I enjoyed playing with the sketch for this month's page map. I made a few minor changes from the sketch. I used a lot of Tim Holtz's metal accents on this page, along with accents made from his packaging.

His findings containers have this little "bubbles" where the product sits. I cut around a few of those and glued them patterned paper for cheap embellies. Since my layout is about my daughter learning to read, my accents are words from the "pictoral alphabet" paper.

This month's Tim Holtz kit really inspired me to get out my inks and just play. I took a scrap of October Afternoon paper from a few months ago that was light blue and used a blend of Distress Inks to change the color to more of a greenish-teal. It's easy to do - use Tim Holtz's ink blending tool (with foam) and gently sweep one color on at a time from the edge of the paper inwards using a circular motion. Flip the foam around and add another ink color. I think I used three or four colors on this.


I also inked the flower parts, then added a metal Idea-ology memo pin through the center.


I chose to tie Tim Holtz key to the front of my envelope (and then a bit of glue to the back of the key so it stays put). So for my journaling, I cut a slit in the side of the envelope and added a Tim Holtz ribbon to the edge so it can easily be pulled out.

2 comments:

Skye said...

I love the look of this page!

Karen Bearse said...

Great page!