Sunday, July 18, 2010

You're Invited!

Today is my birthday!  To celebrate I decided to create this fun party invitation as opposed to a greeting card. I was not always a card maker, but I always wanted to create them. I went out and bought like 50 card bases over the past few years. Now, I try to use them whenever I can. I have used one of them today.

 I love how the green makes the red, white and blue pop! The chipboard embellishments from the collection are beautiful and fun to use.

How to:
1. Create an A2 card base or use a pre-made base. 4 ¼ x 5 ½.
2. Cut a 4 x 5 ¼ piece of green patterned paper, adhere to base.
3. Cut a 1 x 6 blue strip and cut the ends as if creating tails for ribbon. Adhere to the left side of the card.
4. Adhere the round sentiment to the middle of the large chipboard star.
5. Tie ribbon around the bottom of the star and tie a knot. Trim the ends. Adhere the large star to the middle of the card.
6. Cover the small red star with Stickles (Candy Cane) and mount directly to card base in the top corner of the large star.
7. Add gems to the blue strip.

Thanks for joining me today.

Robin

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Happy Birthday! Great invitation.

Karen Bearse said...

Happy Birthday! Great card.