Friday, July 2, 2010

In Flight...

This page was so much fun to create. I was dying to use my new Tattered Angels loot but when I heard we were using Bo Bunny Block Party papers I knew I'd have to wait for another opportunity. Wow, was I wrong. This page came together quickly using Bo Bunny paper and lots of my new Tattered Angels goodies.
I started with the great page map Deborah designed for us this month. I used the Block Party Picnic paper as my foundation. I added some red card stock and placed the photos on top. Then I stamped the title, In Flight, onto one of the Tailored Tags by TA. I wrote out my journaling above the title on the tag and inked the edges with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I purposely did not add ink on top of the title in order to make it stand out a bit. The "ticket" embellishments are from the Tattered Traveler Glimmer Chips set. I misted them with Simply Khaki and Caramel Apple Glimmer Mists and inked the raised portion with Archival Ink. They are self adhesive so once they were dry I just pulled off the backing and added them to the layout.
My very favorite part of this whole layout is the butterfly. I inked the butterfly stamp with black StazOn { Archival Ink turns out blue on the transparency}. Then I stamped it on to transparency paper and after letting it dry a minute I quickly cut it out and adhered only the center of the butterfly to the layout using Glossy Accents. The little swirlies below the butterfly are from another stamp in the same Tattered Angels set as the butterfly and the words In Flight. I used a fun little stamping trick in order to get only the part of the image that I wanted. I will be posting on my blog exactly how I did that so check it out.
I would like to thank Deborah for putting together such a great kit. Love the page map! Very inspiring:)

4 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

This is magnificent! I love the color combo as well as the stamping and inking. Excellent!

Kim said...

Beautiful - love all the details.

Kathy Carr said...

I saw you in the store today --- and then I saw this beautful page layout tonight --- what a beautiful way to capture such a special moment --- see you soon --- kathy

Karen Bearse said...

Love your layout!