Friday, July 23, 2010

Spinning My Wheels


The colors in the Bo Bunny papers were so much fun to work with. Most of the photos I pulled out were regular summertime shots, but I also grabbed one photo from the DC Auto Show a couple of years ago. The blue background in the photo was almost a perfect match to the blues in this line, and the grungy edges and newsprint of this particular pattern (it's the back of Block Party) really went with the cool skateboards. I loved the red and cream starburst pattern on the Sparkler paper and knew that I wanted to feature it on one of my layouts. Putting the center right behind the photo really draws attention to the photo, plus it has the look of wheel spokes... definitely appropriate for a "wheels" layout. The spokes almost seem to point to the red, flaming skateboard that's dead center.




I added some Rusty Pickle buttons, Basic Grey kraft label and kraft border, a grungeboard label holder to finish it off.
thanks for stopping by!
erin


PS. This is my sketch layout. I only had one photo and the orientation was wrong. So I took Deb's sketch and turned it, flipped it, and adapted it for my single photo. :)

No comments: