Friday, July 30, 2010

Fun With Two Pages

The Block Party Paper from Bo Bunny is all about fun, and I really had fun creating my pages this month. Making my two page layouts was a little hard for me, because I generally like to carry pieces across the ditch. With only one sheet of each patterned paper... and the rare inspiration to create 2 two-pagers... I was challenged to make the pages seem cohesive without using the same papers on both pages.


We had two sheets of the lime green Bo Bunny double dot paper. I think everyone knows that I absolutely love this paper. I think I own most every color. :) To stretch my patterned papers over the middle, I trimmed down the Block Party Fireworks paper and scooted it just a little bit part the midline of the papers. I used part of the scraps to create my title banner. I matted the feature photo on red cardstock on the right side of the page, and added a strip of the same cardstock to the left hand side. I separated the nested, chipboard stars and painted them chocolate brown and added a coat of rock candy distress paint, placing one on each side of the layout. I added brown stitching and buttons to both ends. Finally, I split up the title to draw your eye across the pages.

Using the same items in different ways and amounts on both the left and the right balances it all out. It wasn't as easy as simply carrying the papers across the two pages... but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

thanks for stopping by!
erin

No comments: