Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lucky Mom 24 7

This page was so quick and easy to put together. The background paper had so much going on already there wasn't a huge need for a lot of embellishments. I made the journaling box using the EK Success Binding Edge edge punch on one edge and rounding the corners on the opposite edge. The lettering in my title is from Bo Bunny's Block Party Combo Stickers. This sticker sheet is a must have. I think I used something from it for most of my DT projects this month and I have only used about half of the stickers. I saw on one of Deborah's posts that she popped her letter stickers off of the page with Pop Dots. If you missed it check out her post for a photo and details on what she did. I am big on making my own embellishments. That is why I love masks so much. I used the Heidi Swap Mini Mask-Hibiscus and some acrylic paint to layer an embellishment over the the photos onto the layout. I got the effect I wanted and the colors I needed to complete my design. The best part is I didn't use up some cute embellishment. I can recreate this whenever I want using the same mask and paints. There is always that moment of "do I want to use this now? what if I need it later?" When you are making your own embellishments you can use it now and later! It is sort of like having you cake and eating it too.

No comments: