Saturday, July 3, 2010

Good Times!



As I was working on my 12x12 layout I had everything figured out. The papers were cut and all the pieces were ready to glue... but I didn't have a title. There are only a few rules as far as scrapbooking is concerned... you have to have paper (photos could be optional), you have to be able to keep whatever you are using together with glue, stitching, brads, something, and, as far as I'm concerned, you have to have a title. And here, I didn't have one. I looked at the layout for 2 days... still no title. I loved the photo of Adrianna and 2 of her cousins outside a restaurant in Houston... but "Cousins" seemed boring..."Together"... cliche... I couldn't think of anything clever. So I switched my efforts to coming up with the mat that the title was going to sit on. As I was sorting through the paper scraps I came across the Good Times paper (the one with all the words on it). I thought that maybe I would use "Family Time" as an accent to my still-to-be-determined title and went to cut it out. Then I had some kind of weird cutting error... too far to one side, a little crooked... and so much for the "Family Time" accent. Oops! So I switched my efforts, once again, and cut out several other words. I'm not sure which ones... but one of them was "Good Times" and Eureka, I found the title! It was a little bit diminutive for a title... so I needed to pump it up some. I took one of the Basic Grey kraft journaling spots and added some lime and red paper strips inside the frame. I mounted Good Times on the reverse of the same paper and adhered them with dimensional adhesive on top of one of the Bo Bunny journaling cards. A little bit of matching Bo Bunny bling and it was done... and I was happy with the title too! :)


thanks for stopping by!
erin

PS. I used some of the ribbon tape from Basic Grey's Green at Heart line. The ribbon is pretty forgiving and lets you move it around a bit. Once I had it in place, I covered it with a piece of scrap paper and rubbed it with my bone folder to seat it in place.



1 comment:

Megan said...

Erin, the title is perfect. I love the way you were able to really pop it and even though it is small you made it stand out. Great design work!