Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th!

This months Bo Bunny kit is obviously perfect for a fireworks page. I love the colors combined with the swirls & cool paper edging. Good job Deborah!

First I changed my photo to black & white because my daughters blanket was purple & the colors did not work. I added some magic mesh in the corner & stamped a swirl with Black Soot Distress Ink. If you want to prevent your stamp from getting on a part of your page-(in this case the photo), try the masking technique. Put clear plastic, a piece of paper or post it note, over the spot you want to protect. Stamp away. The chipboard star was painted white so added color would take well, than Glimmer Misted with Scarlet. The color wasn't quite right so I distressed with one of my favorites- Fired Brick. I than added a swirl stamp with Sapphire Distress Ink along with some of the great Prima bling- I buy the bling & than want to save it! This time I managed to get it on the page. A piece of the sticker sheet was used along the bottom of the photo. For the 2nd page I added a crossword puzzle with key words like Fireworks & July 4th than applied white gesso on top so some of it would show through. The photo mat was border punched at the bottom & sticker corners added from the sticker sheet. I added another swirl stamp which is made by Tattered Angels, & finished with the remainder of the sticker used on page 1, & my sticker title. The green letters were from last months October Afternoon Kit. Most of these products were bought at ScrapbooksPlus.
Have a great 4th of July !



No comments: