Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You are my Sunshine - Sketch Layout

My favorite food in the whole wide world is a strawberry.  When I saw the new papers from October Afternoon which featured strawberries, I knew exactly what I was going to do.

My dautghter took these photos last year of a perfect batch of berries.  The photos were so beautiful that I decided to keep them forever!  The title was created using my Silhouette digital cutter.  I found the felt strawberry from American Crafts while wandering through the store. I used my Martha Stewart Crafts loops punch and then inked the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink.  I distressed the green checkered paper using my Distrezz it All distressing tool.  I also used a craft knife to scrape the brown background paper for an old, weathered look.

This layout is based on a sketch by Design Team member Megan Carey.

Thanks for joining me today.

4 comments:

Skye said...

Beautiful! I want a strawberry now!!

Kathy said...

Great layout Robin.

Kathy said...

Great layout Robin.

Karen Bearse said...

Those strawberries look delicious! Love the page.