Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Breaking Up The Block

I love grouping things together into blocks. It's a simple treatment that keeps everything looking neat and clean. But blocks can be boring too... that's why I like to add a few touches that break through the edges.


Here I used both the orange side and brown side of Picnic Table for the blocks flanking my photo. I added a mini border embellishment from My Mind's Eye on top of the brown. The reverse of Front Porch makes up the bottom block and a piece of brown twill underlines the photo and grounds the top pieces. I covered some chipboard buttons with scraps of patterned paper and sprinkled some buttons across the layout. I used a corner rounder on all of the corners except the top left.

thanks for stopping by,
erin

1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

I like how you added the scattered buttons-cute. I think that is what my DC page needs.