Sunday, June 13, 2010

Easy Titles!

Years ago... way before the digital camera revolution... I got into the habit of taking a photo of the sign whenever we went somewhere. That way I didn't have to remember the name years later. Combining that with having the camera put the date on it and I was set... time and place taken care of. Check! Now you can set some digital cameras that have GPS to record where you took the photo and the digital file always has the date, but I still like to take a picture of the sign. Old habits die hard.





This month, I wanted to feature photos from our trip to the orchard last year and when I pulled them out, there was my sign photo! I decided to print it off and carefully cut around only the sign. Then I added some text to my scenic photo and added a free digital flourish from Mary Ann Wise I downloaded years ago. It originally had butterflies flitting around it, but I carefully erased them off and flipped the shape around until if looked just like I wanted. To continue the "postcard" theme, I got out my handy-dandy deckle edge scissors and cut a white border around my larger photos. I always loved the deckle edge the best... no lining patterns up perfectly - just cut away and you're good to go!


Once I had everything laid out, I needed some red. The red in the sign is really a fire-engine red and the October Afternoon line has some red in it... but more of a raspberry red. Not working for me! I cut a couple strips of red cardstock to put under my orange paper "ribbon" strip cut from Strawberry Jam and tore a Jenni Bowlin journaling circle in half to add two more little pops of red. Some circles punched from Front Porch and buttons finished it off.


thanks for stopping by!
erin