Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bambi

This little deer has taken up residence in the our neighbors side yard. He can be see most evenings & mornings, casually munching on grass. I went to take his photo & he just kept an eye on me as he kept munching. I wanted this layout to show how undisturbed & free he is. I painted white Bazill with a metallic blue acrylic & white Dabber paint. The October Afternoon papers are great when used as accents as I did on this layout. A strip on the bottom helped ground the page (literally), black paint was used on the tree stamp. I cut some leaves from the green graph paper for the tree. A piece of grunge paper & "Sprinkler" word paper was cut using the Holtz Alterations die cut, then distressed with Black Soot. The great thing about using grunge paper is you can shape it. I rounded the cage a little to give it dimension. I used the same process on the bird, cutting a piece of card stock & gluing the paper on top. I used a pop dot for the wing & a bling for the eye.

Metal is always fun! Holtz's ball chain, type charms, & word stick were used for the title, "Live Free". Beads & thread added some bling & dangles from the cage. The Prima flowers were glittered up using Kiwi Smooch & stickles. It was the first time I had used Smooch & it adds a strong & pretty shiny look, which you can see on the leaves. Most of these products can be found at ScrapbookPlus.

The edges of the paper were distress using Black Dabber paint. Adirondack Dabbers are a great product & so easy to use when you want to add some paint. No brushes or water needed, just dab away. To finish this layout a journal card from the October Afternoon line was added. Now this cute deer has a permanent home!

4 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Great LO.

Cindy Gay said...

Nice painting on the background paper and lovely photo.

Kathy said...

Nice layout Karen.

Skye said...

What a great picture. I like how it's hard to tell if the spots are part of the deer's coloring, or a pretty pattern from sunlight.