Thursday, June 10, 2010

A New Chapter

As I mentioned in my post on the 1st the Fly A Kite line from October Afternoon as a whole has a summery look but the individual pieces themselves are not Summer specific. And while I have seen some Summer pages from the Design Team this month there are other themes as well. I especially love the baby and travel pages.

Here I created a school days page for my son's album. I used 2 sheets of Lemonade, the gridded side, and a strip of the striped side of Dandelions. The alphabet stripe goes well with my theme. The Notes journaling card was the perfect embellishment to the page as was the cork paper I purchased at the store a few months back.
I added this library book pocket that came in a kit I bought a while back. To make one of your own all you need to do is make a template and cut it out of any double sided paper. To make your template mark the measurements for the body of the pocket at 4"x10". Measure 4" up from one of the ends and add 1/2"x4" wings on each side. The notch in the front could be made using a circle punch with the edge of the paper going only half way into the punch. Fold the end with the wings up and fold the wings under, unfold and add adhesive to the wings. Fold it up again and you have a great little pocket perfect for some hidden journaling.

1 comment:

Robin Shakoor said...

That cork paper is wonderful!