Friday, June 4, 2010

Tag, You're It!

I love tags. I must admit I don't make as many as I used to. Our styles change as we learn new techniques... but I want to get back to more tag making because it is FUN! The challenge this month is "Make a Tag"!

For this tag, I used the very versatile October Afternoon paper Sprinklers. I embossed it using the Holtz Bingo Texture Fades. These embossing folders make a deep impression & work great with thicker products like Grunge Board. After distressing the tag with Spiced Mustard by Ranger I added this very old photo of my brother. The bottom of the tag was die cut with Sizzix Alterations "Ornate". Under the Holtz Film Strip I put small index prints & attached them with Tiny Attachers. To make this easier use a small stretched glue dot, on one end of the strip, under the black line to position it. Put a small glue dot under each photo & slide them under the strip. You could also just put the photo on top but the strips are distressed & photos look better under.

The Alterations 'Heart Wings' were used with "Picnic Table" paper. I cut grunge paper wings, layered them with the dot paper & distressed with Colorbox Cedar Roan Chalk ink. The flower paper heart was covered with Rock Candy Crackle Paint which gives it a cool cracked look. Once dry it was lightly distressed with Ranger Vintage Photo. This brings out the cracked look even more. The heart was assembled using Tiny Attachers. I added the Mini Market Letter by October Afternoon & some fibers. The cool thing is this tag has 5 photos on it! So come on & make a tag!

1 comment:

Robin Shakoor said...

This tag is fantastic!