Friday, June 18, 2010

My Favorite Thing

The new October Afternoon collection was just made for cards! Before I sat down to design my first layout, I already had several card designs in mind.

I used the beautiful sentiment die cut as my inspiration. The die cut is actually from My Mind’s Eye. I have noticed that many companies are creating retro papers. Because of this, I have been able to mix and match papers and embellishments beautifully.

Instructions
Create an A2 (4 ¼ x 5 1/2) card base, ink edges.
Cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of patterned paper, round edges using corner punch.
Adhere the journaling card to center of the card base.
Ink sentiment die cut and adhere to the top portion of the card base.
Tie ribbon below the sentiment die cut. Use a strong adhesive to secure the ribbon to the card base.
Adhere roses and leaves to the center of the ribbon where it is knotted.
Add a button below the center rose.
Place pins through the center of the large rose.
Punch butterfly and apply Stickles to the center. Adhere to top, right of sentiment die cut.

Supplies

Patterned Papers and Journaling Card – October Afternoon
Flowers – Prima
Decorative Pins and Button - American Crafts
Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts
Sentiment Die Cut and Leaves- My Mind’s Eye
Distress Ink (Barn Door) and Glitter Glue – Ranger
Corner Chomper
Ribbon
Adhesive – Scor-Tape, Zip Dry, Glue dots

Thanks for joining me today.

Robin

No comments: