Wednesday, June 30, 2010

When You Have Lemons....

When I started this layout, I really wanted to mat the photo and the other papers on a large piece of the Ice Cream paper... the one with the Cathedral Windows quilt design... but after carefully cutting out the scalloped design I just didn't like the way it looked. It was okay, but a little bit empty-looking and yet too busy all at the same time. I tried cutting out a smaller section of the design to just mat the photo... but it was still just a bit off. Now I had all of these scallop-shaped scraps laying on my desk. Yikes... it was my favorite paper and I wasted an entire piece cutting it this way and that! I hate when that happens. {{sigh}}

Looking at the pile of scraps gave me a new idea... what if I created my own scalloped border with the individual half-circles? Sure enough - it worked! I got the cool, scalloped border, but with a little more oompf since they could overlap. Placing them peeking out across the bottom of my paper and a few to accent on the top right kept it from looking too busy. I added a few Melissa Frances vintage buttons to finish off the layout.




thanks for stopping by!
erin



1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

Great use of the circle images! Cute page.