Monday, May 3, 2010

Use That Sketch... Two Ways!

When I created this month's sketch, I envisioned using a photo on one side and different squares of patterned paper on the other. (see the sketch here) Once I picked out my photo, the squares seemed too busy and didn't really work. I decided to switch out the small squares for one large square. The Sophie Floral paper is so pretty, it's nice to showcase the large piece. I matted it on a piece of magenta Double Dot paper and than matted both squares on a dark purple cardstock. I used buttons and flowers along the bottom edge, along with a piece of vintage lace. To attach the lace, I used the bling brad centers to push through the lace and paper. Then I sewed the buttons into place through all the layers to make sure it was all secure. Last I glued on the beautiful Prima flower to finish it off.

So that was the first way to use the sketch... so here is the second...
I always struggle with cards. They may be small, but they often take me longer than full-sized layouts. So I decided to take my sketch and turn it into a card. Turned sideways, the sketch has a large space for the sentiment. The white, scalloped edge is actually one of the half pieces of Bazzill Just The Edge peeking out.


thanks for stopping by!
erin

5 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Cute card you clever girl!

Kathy said...

Great page map Erin. It really can be used so many ways. Good Job!

Karen Bearse said...

What a beautiful bride & a wonderful page-love the flowers etc on the bottom-well done!

Kim said...

You have outdone yourself this month! All your creations are beautiful!

Robin Shakoor said...

I really love the sketch LO. Great photo.