Thursday, May 13, 2010

Easy Embellishing

Sometimes when I have a piece of paper with a pattern that is only in certain areas I find myself buying it and then it just sits around. I like the paper, but I don't want to cover it up with photos... so it sits unused in my stash. Really it makes creating a page even easier, since you don't have to add very much to make a beautiful page.

For this layout I created layers of border on one side of the photo. I made sure that one of the layers was large enough to hold my title. I created a mitered border to frame the layout.





To embellish I added the lovely turquoise Kaisercraft pearls and extra dots from the Thicker package plus one large button to the floral details in the patterned paper. Simple and lovely!




thanks for stopping by!
erin

1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

I have the same problem, I buy paper & don't want to use it cause it is too pretty! Nice layout. Good ideas!