Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hoop Layout

Hoop layouts are one of my favorite layout/altered items to make. I learned how make them at last year's Great American Scrapbook Convention and have made several for my home and as gifts. The technique is simple... just dampen the area where the inside of the hoop will sit with water and carefully and gradually mold, squish and work the paper around the hoop until you can fit the hoop parts back together. Add your layout pieces, embellishments and distress the edges and you are done!

I forgot to sand the edges of my photo corner and heart that I cut from the double-dot paper. No problem! I just used the fingernail to scratch at the edges. The white core was quite easy to reveal with just a little effort.
thanks for stopping by!
erin


3 comments:

Kim said...

Love it - what a great idea!

Karen Bearse said...

What a nice gift that would make! Great idea.

Esther said...

Now that is a clever way to show a memory.