Monday, August 17, 2009

Working with what you like


This month we were given these foam letter sheets that are about 1/4" thick. I really liked the pattern, but I just wasn't digging them as letters so I chose to use it as my background. After I pulled out all the letters that I thought I would use, I then chose paper to go with it!



Here's the finished project. I took out the "u" in the background of the sheet and put a piece of neutral paper on the back. I then free handed a heart and added the "i" from the other sheet (after I sanded it) with some flowers and a button. The rest of the paper I wanted to adhere differently so, I stapled the paper on. It added a cute little embellishment to all the papers while holding it down. I used the new tim holtz mini stapler! I LOVE IT!! They're just tiny little staples that add just a touch of fun!

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Deborah Mahnken said...

What a cool idea using the foam sheet as your background!