Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Got Flowers?

I loved the colors/papers in this kit! I think this is one of my new favorite companies. While working on my layout, I decided I wanted a big flower in the corner. I have tons of flowers but none were quite as large as what I wanted, or if they were close they were the wrong color. Soooooooo, I made my own!! All you need is a circle punch or two, some glue, and you are set!


Punch out a bunch of circles, and then rough them up a little to give them some texture. I wadded these into balls and then inked them.






Use one of the circles as a base and glue a layer of circles around it. Make sure you overlap your circles.

Add a second layer of circles to add more petals to your flower. If you want an even larger flower, start with a larger base and then you may have room to add a 3rd layer.

Add a center to you flower (for this I layered two sizes of circles and then a button) and voila! You have a beautiful flower that matches your project perfectly!
Happy Scrappin~



3 comments:

Esther said...

Now that is creative thinkin - out of the box. I will have to try this. Which size punches were used for the circles?

Kim said...

Oh fun, love the flowers. I will add this to my rolodex!

Coffee said...

Esther- so sorry it took me so long to respond- I don't remember which size, I think they were 1 1/2? The great thing is you can use any size and adjust your spacing to get the size flower you want.