Saturday, August 15, 2009

Different Shapes come together...

I had so much fun with this layout. Typically double layouts are not my thing. In fact I may have mentioned before (and may so even do it again) it is a task which I really just struggle completing each month. I am not sure why this is, except that maybe I don’t have enough pictures of the same event or maybe I just don’t see the vision. Whatever the reason may be for it, I know that I struggle with double layouts. Not this month. I really liked the way my layout came together. Instead of using (1) 5 x 7 photo I decided to do a collage. I took a bunch of different pics from my most recent OBX vacation and collaged them into a 5 x 7. It is fun to go back and look at all of these little tidbits from vacation all in one spot – they bring back memories and put me right there in that moment of time.

ANYWHO…back to my double layout. I enjoyed the colors, the patterns, they were all a little different but still blended well. I enjoyed using different shapes, such as circles, scallops, rectangles. Even though all very different they all tied together quite well. I even did some embossing on my journaling circle – I thought it would help the lines “POP” on such a loud colorful background. I’m not sure how effective it was in doing that, but it was still fun trying to execute that thought.


3 comments:

Lisa H said...

Great job! Love this LO

SharonVM said...

I think this layout truly reflects your "eclectic style". Keep in your lane!! I love it when you stay true to your own style. Great layout!!

Loretta Cooper said...

Hey Kim,
This is a great layout... don't know why you think the 2-pager is not your thing... your's always inspire me.

I like the point you make about different shapes coming together. I especially notice that rounded or curvy shapes combine well with squares or pointy ones!

Nice work!