Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School- ACK!

Tomorrow I head back to work to get ready for a new school year. I start at a new school and have lots of unpacking to do, setting up a new, organizing, and planning ahead of me. I don't know about you, but when things get crazy, I start to make lists. I love to be able to cross things off as I finish them, it helps me stay focused (not easy for me to do). Something that will be coming with me to my new school is this clipboard I altered using the paper from this months kit.

With some paper and Mod Podge, you can makeover any clipboard. This one came from a dollar bin somewhere and was bright pink with kid characters all over it. I sanded it, and then applied the paper with Mod Podge. A trick I have learned is to roll over the paper with a brayer after you glue it down, it helps get rid of any air bubbles and spreads the Mod Podge underneath the paper. Once the paper was down and had a minute to dry, I sanded the edges to smooth everything down before sealing the whole thing with a layer of Mod Podge. I then added a strip of patterned paper to cover the top of the paper pad so that it would coordinate. Add a little ribbon and it makes a great gift!

No comments: