Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bath Time

I *love* the paper from Lily Bee!
Most of my projects were vintage this month (check back on the 9th to see a layout) but I had a lot of fun incorporating the foam letters from Heidi Swapp on this picture frame: The contrast of the colors just makes it POP! I let the letters peek over the top of the frame because I like the dimensional effect. The foam letters have adhesive on the back, so I was careful to only remove the backing from the portion of the letters that would be attached to the frame. I did this by carefully scoring the backing material with my craft knife before peeling off the bottom half. I added the rubber duckies and soap bubbles for even more dimension. I actually think I have the perfect picture for this frame...but it is in Virginia and I am in Florida...so it will have to wait until I get back!

I loved working with the Lily Bee papers and I am excited to see what you guys come up with. Be sure to stop by the display in the crop room and get started on your entry for this month's challenge - a gift certificate to Scrapbooks Plus awaits the winner!

1 comment:

Kim said...

WOW, you took this in a different direction and I love the color combo and what a great frame! Great use of that orange and turquoise -- my favorite color combo!