Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cards!

The double-sided Lily Bee paper made it easy to mix and match to come up with a variety of cards. And you can easily stretch your supplies to get multiple projects. Take the die cut bracket, for example. I cut it in half and used it to make two cards:


For this one I cut the top off the bracket and backed it with the striped paper. A white ribbon and a cluster of embellishments is all it needed.

This one took a bit more time to make. I wanted to make a tri-fold card, so I took the other half of the bracket and laid it onto the textured cardstock. I traced around the paper then scooted the bracket over and traced again. I made sure to leave enough room so that the brackets would overlap when the card was closed.

After I cut out the cardstock I adhered the bracket to one flap, another bit of Lily Bee paper o the inside and a chipboard flower/sentiment. I used a bit of ric rac to keep the card closed.

I liked making the bracket card so much I thought I'd try it again! This time I used a square die cut, again cut in half. However, I didn't want to trace and cut out all around this one so I just adhered it on the outside. I cut a journaling block in half and added a clear flower. On the inside flap is my sentiment using the Heidi Swapp large foam alphas.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Deborah, I love the cards! You used the different shapes so cleverly...is that even a word? At any rate I love it -- you rocked your cards!