Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Keepin' it Simple


I tried to keep things simple with this layout. My layouts usually aren't that complicated, but I've never just stuck to solid cardstock as the main content. For this layout, I used the Bazzill Swiss Dot Scallop 12x12 paper. If you haven't played with the Swiss Dot cardstock yet, you need to! I loved it when it first came out, but now they have started making it in scallop squares and 6x12 rectangles. Love it!!!! I used the foam letters from the kit but sanded and inked them with Distress ink so they would match the rest of the lettering. I didn't want the lettering to take up too much space on the layout so I chose to just use the foam letters for the first letter and then used my trusty Cricut for the rest. I added a few strips of patterned paper to add just a little something. I like how this turned out, although I think the journaling will be hidden next time.

Summer is quickly coming to a close for us teachers, I'm off to spend my last few days of summer to catch up on some layouts. Enjoy!

No comments: