Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winter Layout

I really like the My Mind's Eye paper in the January kit. It has texture and shimmer. To match with these papers we had vellum in several muted colors. I had a hard time deciding which ones to use, so I decided to use a little bit of everything (well, almost everything).

Since my daughter pretty much only wears pink -- and the brighter the better -- I changed my photos to sepia-toned so they wouldn't clash with the beautiful papers. Under my photos I layered strips of each - some cut, some torn and two edged with punches. Then I just journaled all around the entire photo/paper block.

On the left-hand side I used a creamy vellum paper, a punch and my Slice to make snowflakes. The scan doesn't really show them off, so here's a better shot:

3 comments:

nancy said...

Lovely layout! I especially love your snowflakes.

Anonymous said...

Love those mixed layers! They are just beautiful!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Really lovely IRL. And I am going to take out my border punches and be inspired by your fabulous design!