Saturday, January 3, 2009

December Layouts

My layouts with the December kit were fun to make. I liked the whimsical patterns of the My Mind's Eye paper and the Pink Paislee paper was just gorgeous.

My first layout -- what do you do with those mall Santa photos? I usually like the photo and hate the boarders. For this one I found a digital bracket and stretched it until it was just a bit larger then my photo, then printed it out to use as a template for cutting the blue paper. I then coated the paper with Stickles. I also cut the green Pink Paislee paper; I wanted a bracket on three sides, so I used an extra piece to trace on the back. This one was finished up simply - lots of paper layers, a bit of machine stitching and a Scenic Route chipboard piece as my title.


My two-page layout is mostly made up of the Pink Paislee paper from the kit. I only wanted one set of trees on the background, so I covered up the trees on my second page with a long strip of "Jack Frost" paper. And to stretch out my supplies, I first carefully cut out that 2nd set of trees and used them on a card!

And, on my third layout I used cardstock and the KI Memories Sheer Delight as my background. I used a bit of cardstock and my Slice cutting tool to make a few accents. This is a gas station near my house. I wish I could have put a 360 degree picture on the layout - they seriously get into decorating! Lights, lights and more lights along with every inflatable decoration out there. If you've been down Old Keene Mill Rd you know the one I'm talking about. We love it and my kids look forwards to seeing what they'll come up with next.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

These are beautiful -- it looks like you really had fun with it.